My husband and I are participating in our first farm share which means a slew of new vegetables each week – Yay! With so many veggies, I need to a) use them and b) use them creatively. Now, I’ve have some wins (see below) but I’ve also had some misses, like when I roasted radishes with sugar and cinnamon. Seemed like a good idea at the time but they were too intensely sweet!
For this quick and ultra easy dinner, roasted veggies speaks to me like no other! There’s something about the caramelization of the onion tips that creates a blissful happy dance in my mouth!
Curry Roasted Veggies
Depending on how hungry you are, this can be THE dinner or a perfect side!
Baby Carrots, handful
- Onion, 1/2 sliced
- Crushed Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Curry powder, 1-1/2 teaspoons
- Lemon Juice, few splashes
- EVOO, about 1 tablespoon
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated*
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped cauliflower, sliced onion and whole baby carrots.
- Add crushed garlic and EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), and stir. You want just enough EVOO that all the veggies are coated but NOT drenched.
- Next, add the curry powder and mix.
- Pour a few splashes of lemon juice and stir again.
- Pour the mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Put into the oven for roughly 20-30 minutes.
- When vegetables are ready, remove from oven and grate Pecorino Romano cheese overtop. (The heat will create a nice melt!)
- Serve and enjoy!
*Notes: You can use a full head of cauliflower – I only had 1/2 from the farm share. Your favorite grated cheese or whatever you have on hand works great too!