During my recent trip to this fabulous Asian food market, H Mart, I picked up this large bag of key limes. My husband said, “You must really like lime!” Why yes, I do like lime! I especially like key lime pie – of which I will be on the hunt for a good recipe, so keep an eye out for that creation soon.
However, this morning, I wanted something for breakfast with yogurt and a citrus crunch. And so, Key Lime Yogurt Parfait was created!
- 1-2 Key Limes
- Zest of 1-2 limes
- 5.3 ounces of Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 2 layers of Graham Crackers
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- Brown Sugar (optional; used between layers)
- Ground Cinnamon (optional; used as garnish)
- In a blender, chop walnuts, oats and graham crackers together until just ground.
- Using a tall glass, start with a layer of the walnut, oat and graham mixture.
- Then add 1-2 tablespoons of the Greek yogurt.
- Squeeze the juice of half of a lime on top and add some of the zest.
- Continue with the mixture from step 2. You can add a sprinkle of brown sugar (it does taste better!) if you like between the layers.
- Follow steps 2-5 until you reach your last layer.
- Finally, top with some ground cinnamon and zest.