While cooking last night’s Walnut Crusted Tilapia, my husband threw together this quick and delicious Tuscan Sun-dried Tomato Sauce that I just HAD to share. I must say I’m very proud of him for creating such a sauce that is usually only accomplished after hours of stewing. Bravo, @neuronroot.
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes (we used Tuttoroso)
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 a handful Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not in oil)
- 2 Tbs. EVOO
- 1-2 Tbs. Garlic
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. Tuscany seasoning (our favorite from Spice & Tea Exchange)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- A few sprinkles of Breadcrumbs
- In a pot, heat olive oil, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add crushed and diced tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, balsamic vinegar and Tuscany seasoning.
- Stir to combine and then simmer on 3/4 level heat for about 15-20 minutes.
We added this to some boiled rice noodles for a change from traditional pasta. Hope you enjoy this hearty tomato sauce that is both tangy and sweet!