I enjoy meat and fish but lately my husband and I have been eating mainly vegetarian. Meatless Monday’s are great but what about Friday’s?
I came across this recipe from Cooking Quinoa and I’m super thrilled with how easy and delicious it is! I’ve adapted the recipe slightly…enjoy!!
1 cup quinoa
3 cups water
1 tbs. parsley (I used dried but if you have fresh, go for it!)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. ginger powder
A few shakes of basil
A few shakes of kosher salt
Some fresh ground pepper
A few shakes of red pepper flakes
EVOO (to coat frying pan)
1. In a medium pot, combine water and quinoa and bring to a boil.
2. Turn heat to low and put on the cover. Set a timer for 30 minutes.
3. When time expires, remove pot from heat and stir until the quinoa thickens. (There may be some extra water, just keep on the burner with the heat off and continuously stir.
4. Add a few sprinkles of shredded Mozzarella cheese, the parsley, basil, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
5. Let the mixture cool until you’re able to handle.
6. With your hands, form the quinoa into balls. (Mine are bite sized but you can create larger ones.)
7. In a frying pan with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), add quinoa balls.
8. Cook on medium heat and turning when lightly browned.
9. Let the balls rest for a few on a paper towel to soak up extra oil.
10. In your broiler, (I used my mini Breville oven), place the quinoa balls on a tin foiled tray.
11. Top each ball, more like patty, with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella.
12. Broil on high for about 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Depending on the size, you’ll get about 25. Here’s some sneak peeks: