While browsing at The Fresh Market in their super extensive meat section, between the breaded filet and chopped chicken, I found dinner! So? I hurried home to create this four square meal from scratch! Come and roll up your sleeves for these petite Chicken Ricotta Rollatini!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Baby spinach leaves, washed
- Shredded Swiss & Gruyere cheese (or any variety)
- Olive Oil Misto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grain & veggies for your side
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a knife, carefully slice each chicken breast vertically (similar to butterfly) so you have a total of 4 pieces.
- Spread ricotta onto each piece and rest a few baby spinach leaves on top.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Roll each cutlet of chicken and pierce with a toothpick.
- Mist each piece with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the rolled chicken into a lightly oiled (use Misto) shallow roasting pan and back for about 20-30 minutes.
- Turn pan at 15 minutes and keep watch.
- Pair with your favorite grain and steam vegetable for a healthy, balanced meal! Enjoy!