Sometimes, you just want to munch and crunch! Another reason to love Fall? Savory Squash Seeds! These are seeds from my Stuffed Acorn Squash and Dessert Squash recipes (Coming Soon)! Oh, how I love repurposing!
- Squash Seeds from Acorn and Golden Acorn Squash, washed & dried
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cayenne
- Ground Saffron
- Kosher Salt
- Butter, to taste (optional)
- Olive Oil Misto
- Parchment Paper
- Using the reserved scooped Squash seeds from the Stuffed Acorn Squash and Dessert Squash recipes (Coming Soon!), wash seeds with cold water, straining the Squash flesh from the seeds.
- Pour seeds onto a tray lined with 1 layer of paper towels.
- Spread the seeds around and with excess paper towel, lightly squeeze the water from the seeds.
- While the seeds are drying, preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Pour the dried seeds into a mixing bowl and spritz with Olive Oil Misto
- Mix in some light puffs of Ginger, Cayenne, Saffron and Salt.
- Spread seasoned seeds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast seeds for 10 minutes and then stir. You may want to add a few more shakes of salt and small slices of butter.
- Continue roasting for 5 more minutes.
- Pour cooked seeds into a glass container and enjoy immediately!
These Savory Squash Seeds are so delicious, you may just eat them in one night…(like me!) ENJOY!