Risotto. One of those complicated dishes you only order at a restaurant, right? Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s not true! This Roasted Asparagus Risotto was fantastic and super easy (my husband and I had seconds)!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Tandoori Roasting spice blend
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Roughly chop the asparagus into 1″ pieces and lay onto a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Spray or coat with oil, salt and the spice blend. Put in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes until roasted. Turn half way through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-large pot, heat the butter and oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until it softens.
- Additionally, in a small pot, you’ll want the simmer the broth over low heat so it’s ready when needed.
- Add the rice to the butter, oil, onion and garlic mixture. Stir for about 1 minute to ensure it’s coated well.
- Add the wine and stir until it’s just about absorbed.
- Begin to add the broth 1/2 cup at a time (reserve 1/4 cup of broth to add at the end). Stir frequently so it doesn’t stick.
- Wait until each 1/2 cup batch is almost absorbed being adding the next.
- Check if the rice is ready. It should be tender but not soft.
- Add the reserved broth, the roasted asparagus and mozzarella cheese.
This dish was a winner and we’ll definitely be making it again. It serves about 4 as a main course…or two if both of you have seconds! Hope you enjoy this savory, super easy comfort dish!
Share your thoughts for Rootie Foodie!