Beef burgers can be great. But once you try turkey burgers, you’ll be hooked! My turkey burgers recipe is so easy and “large”, you’ll have enough ready-to-make burgers at home whenever the mood strikes! Perfect for those late nights or last minute visitors, they keep well in the freezer to quickly cook when you’re ready! For that glorious topping, jump over to my Chili Sautéed Onions recipe!
Tonight, we are making Smokehouse Turkey Burgers! This recipe is extremely easy and quick. Plus, the flavors are so mouth-watering, you’ll want to run to the store right now for this seasoning (if you don’t already have it)! Also, it’s a fun 2-person recipe, so if you’re looking to cook more with your significant other or as a family, this is great to do together.
- 2 large Onions (I used Vidalia, when possible)
- 1/4 cup chopped Garlic
- 2 cups Olive Oil (Best to use Extra Virgin)
- 1/4 cup McCormick’s Smokehouse Maple Grill Mate Seasoning
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Italian Breadcrumbs (You’ll need to eye this – used to thicken)
- 6 lbs. chopped Turkey Meat
- In a large pot, simmer olive oil, onion, garlic and seasoning until translucent.
- Turn off heat and move pot to another burner to cool down the mixture.
- When the pot is just cool enough for you to lightly hold the side, add the chicken broth and turkey meat.
- Mix well and then add the breadcrumbs, as needed. These will act as a thickening agent. Rule of thumb: You can always add more, but you can’t remove! You don’t want it to be too thick.
- Using a hamburger press and plastic wrap, you’ll want to scoop about 1/2 cup of the pattie mixture onto the plastic.
- Make sure you fold the plastic wrap from the bottom and top into the middle (keep this loosely folded).
- Press down and fold up each side of the plastic wrap, then put the completed pattie on a tray.
- When you have a stack of patties, put them in the freezer – try to keep them level so they freeze flat.
- Then, take them out of the freezer and plop on your grill whenever you want! We use our George Forman Grill – ❤
Yields: About 25 burgers
Some photos to guide you along…
Pingback: Chili Sauteed Onions | Rootie Foodie